Monday, December 13, 2010

Maternity & Post


I recently had the privilege of photographing a close friend and her new baby daughter. This was an unexpected opportunity. And an unexpected delight for me.

I found the experience moving and full of joy. It is something I would love to do again. There are many things I would have liked to have done but it was my first time working with a mom and her baby. And while the baby was wonderful to work with and very well behaved, still she had only limited tolerance for what was going on.

Examples of other things I’d have liked to try; the 3 year old sister would have been a wonderful third person in many of these images, the (very handsome) father should have been included, a variety of outdoor settings - just to name a few (though, not in November!). These are things I will explore in future sessions.

I hope to show a few of these images on the website soon. Please stay tuned.

If you like the sound of this style of photo shoot and either are a new mom or know a new mom, please feel free to contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment