Tuesday, December 21, 2010

100 Strangers

I'm embarking on a new project. The 100 Strangers project sounds like a very interesting project for me. The basic premise is to take 100 photographs of people one has never met before. The expectation is one will develop new and better portrait skills. And become more outgoing (which is not something I would have thought I'd need to develop, but ... )

I have been thinking of starting this project for a few weeks. But I have found it difficult to actually approach anyone to ask them permission to take their picture (and as I hinted above, friends will think this odd ;).

I met these two women, Jennifer & Ty, walking their dogs at the beach today. I started talking to them when one asked about some other pictures I was taking. This seemed like a good opening to ask them for their picture. They seemed quite happy to oblige. Though I should have made more effort to include their dogs. And I should have noted that silly little sign beside the one woman's head.

But I think it is a great start to a new project.

So here it is, stranger #1 out of 100.

Thank you Jennifer and Ty.

You can check out a couple of other images I took on my Flickr account (listed on my Contact page).

No comments:

Post a Comment